Henry Matisse (1869 - 1954) is the artist who created this painting in 1910. He was a French artist known for his use of colors and his fluid, brilliant and original draughts.I first saw this piece of art when I was 16 years old in my drawing classes at high school.
I like this painting entitled “The Dance” because I think it shows harmony between people in the world and union between them, we can see that they are dancing and they are happy. It makes me think of world peace and freedom. I also like the fact that it invites a free interpretation of the art, light is very important and the colors used are shining, shadows and darkness are left apart. Matisse leaves a side lines and drawings to focus on the essence of the piece.
1 comentario:
This is a surprisingly straightforward piece for Matisse. I can't really see the shininess of the piece, but the complementary colors are interesting. It as though the people are separate from the world in some essential way, and yet still connected according to the color relationship.
corrections:
It makes me think *of* world peace and freedom. I also like the fact that it *invites* a free interpretation of the art; light is very important and *the* colors used are shining. Shadows and darkness are left apart. Matisse *leaves* a side lines and drawings to focus on the essence of the piece.
(actually, I don't quite understand that last sentence.)
Publicar un comentario